Monday, November 30, 2009

Fun finds and new works

Hello! I just wanted to share a few new things with you. I went to the thrift store yesterday and got some fun new finds, such as this little apothecary jar and a bag of pretty, vintage-y ornaments, each for $2! You can't beat that. I thought they would make a cute Christmas decoration. Also, these cute little coffee tins...
And this beautiful old book. I just love the cover and the old, crinkly pages.


This is a little drawing I did of a mermaid. My sister loves mermaids, so they're always in the back of my mind, especially since I love fairy tales. I just got the Annotated Hans Christian Andersen, and the story The Little Mermaid had such gorgeous illustrations that it inspired me.



Lastly, I have been working on this little gal, who just needs a background. After that I will let her dry and put her up in my etsy shop! I think that she and her little bird friend are whispering secrets...


Happy Monday, and I'll see you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment