Saturday, March 20, 2010

Listening

Sometimes you need to get away from everything, block out all other senses and listen to the beauty and unique music of your soul...



Above is my newest mixed-media painting, "Listening." I painted the girl in acrylic, used scrapbook paper for her dress which I antiqued a bit with acrylic, and added some vintage sheet music and little butterflies which I cut out of a magazine. This painting turned into something I was not expecing at all. It all started when I was painting a girl and got frustrated because I couldn't get the eyes quite the way I wanted them. Its funny how that happens, isn't it?

Here is a little shabby Cinderella also, waiting for that pumpkin to turn into a grand carriage...
Both of these little gals are available in my etsy shop.


I went on a cleaning extravaganza for a few hours after yoga today in my little craft area. Since it is somewhat organized now, I thought I would share a picture of my tiny creative space. Although I usually end up painting at the coffee table while watching I Love Lucy :)
I hope you are having a wonderful, lovely weekend, and I will see you soon! :)




3 comments:

  1. All of your latest works are cute as can be. I love 'Listening'. So sweet and simple. Love it. They are all so pretty.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Listening" is wonderful; I love the idea behind it!

    ReplyDelete