Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I have listed a few new items in the shop today! Above is a new acrylic painting on a 5"x7" wooden plaque, "Little Miss Raspberry Buttercream." I don't know if its all the baking I've been doing or what, but I had the urge to paint a little cupcake girl who could be hung up in the kitchen (or anywhere else :)
I also have a 5"x7" and an ACEO print of "The Enchanted Garden"...
An 8"x10" print of "Alice in the Forest"...
A lovely 8"x10" print of "Free Bird"...
And a pack of 5 postcards of "Free Bird"!
I have been trying to lay off the baking just a little (its not exactly diet friendly :) but I did make this delicious banana bread the other day (I am a little ashamed to admit that Daniel and I ate half the loaf for lunch that day :)
My good friend gave me the recipe and she gave me permission to share it with you, so here it is:
Briana's Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup all purpose, 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Stir eggs and mashed bananas into the butter/sugar mixture until well blended. Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just until everything is moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack or stack of paper towels. Let cool until the bread firms up a little, then slice and enjoy!
I hope you are all having a great Friday, see you soon! :)