Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas fun and more new stuff

Hello! I'm sorry that I've been gone for a little while, I was waiting to get a new power adapter for my computer in the mail. Luckily I am back in business! I put four new items in my etsy shop yesterday, at www.fairrosamund.etsy.com. The image above is of my little 5"x7" oil painting "Cinderella's Slippers." I added rhinestones and glitter to the slippers. They make everything better :) The one below is "Sleeping Beauty's Slippers." There are more detailed photos in my shop!
I have also had a lot of fun painting girls with tissue paper dresses. I am influenced by the amazing work of Vanessa Valencia (check out her stuff at www.vanessavalencia.com). The two wall hangings below were made on 8"x10" flat canvas panels, with ribbon attached to the back.





In other news, my boyfriend and I went to a little Christmas parade near our house last week. It's a small parade but a lot of fun. I never even knew it existed until last year. They have decorated fire trucks and police cars and stuff, as well as cute little dogs strutting around with reindeer antlers on. My favorite is seeing the little dogs who are all tuckered out and need to be carried :) So cute.

















They also have this Christmas tree in another part of downtown, which is fun.






And lastly, I had to share this photo which my boyfriend took on his phone of my precious little Rosie dreaming about Christmas next to the mini Christmas tree. Isn't she adorable? Well, I hope all of your Christmas preparations are going well! I have been going nonstop but still feel like I have a bunch to do. Cookie baking tomorrow, mmmm!





Rosie and I hope you come visit again soon! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment