Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My first show, and yummy soup

Hello! Sorry I have been gone for a few days, I have been taking care of my poor boyfriend who is home sick with a terrible cough. I have gotten some work done though :) These flower sketches and a couple more that I did a while back are going to be included in a show this Friday at my boyfriend's brother's gallery, Borealis Arts in Tucson. AZ. He is doing a show of 50 pieces of artwork under $150. You can check out his gallery at www.borealisarts.com. They do superb framing. This is my first show ever and I am very excited and grateful!
Here are a couple of little princess slippers I have been working on, done in oils on 5"x7" canvases. They probably have another week or so to dry, then I am planning on adding some fun embellishments to them :) Inspired by the Twelve Dancing Princesses, of course!


Here is a little sketch on canvas I did, which will hopefully turn into a painting today or tomorrow. And keep a look out for a new painting in my etsy shop over the next couple of days. It involves a princess and carriage! My etsy shop is at www.fairrosamund.etsy.com

I also wanted to share a recipe with you for Mushroom and Brown Rice soup. I found it in one of my vegetarian cookbooks and made it yesterday for me and sicky! It was really yummy, especially with French bread. Pretty fast and easy to make too! Here it is:
You will need: 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 package (10 oz.) sliced white mushrooms
1 package (4 oz.) assorted sliced wild mushrooms
1 cup shredded carrots
1 garlic clove, crushed with garlic press
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (I didn't have thyme so I substituted a 21-seasoning blend from Trader Joe's, and it was yummy :)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 container (32 oz.) vegetable broth (4 cups)
3/4 cup instant brown rice
2 cups water
1. In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
2. Add broth, rice, and water; cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, partially covered, until rice is tender, about 5 minutes. Makes about 8 cups or 4 main-dish servings.
Sorry but I forgot to take any pictures of it; I guess we were too busy scarfing it down :) I have some leftover mushrooms, garlic and carrots so I was thinking of getting some potatoes and making a soup from all that too. Let me know if you have any good vegetarian soup recipes also!














No comments:

Post a Comment