Thursday, June 24, 2010

Betty Loves A Good Book!

Here is a painting I finished yesterday, "Betty Loves A Good Book." For this one I decided to paint a short-haired 'do for the first time! She came from a doodle I did a few days ago. I just knew right away that her name was Betty, and that she wanted to be painted straight away :) She is acrylic on a 5"x7" canvas, and is hanging out in my shop until she can find a good home! Preferably one with lots of good books :) She prefers adventure stories with a bit of romance!

In other exciting news, I won my first giveaway!!! I won this fabulous fox girl painting by the very wonderful and talented Micki from The Secret Hermit Art And Illustration. I was so excited to get her delivered yesterday!! And she is even more beautiful in person. I am still trying to find just the right spot to hang her. Thank you so very much Micki! :)

I hope that you are having a fabulous day! And don't forget to pop by on Saturday for some Mad Tea Party fun! :)

7 comments:

  1. So glad you got the foxy painting safely!!
    Hope you find someplace nice for her to live :)

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now Betty looks different from the rest of your girls, but she is just as beautiful! I do love the soft colors, Lauren. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty is adorable and I like her hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B is for Book and for Betty with a Bob :)

    Cute, cute! Can't wait to see what fun you'll be having at your Tea Party!

    Oh, and congrats on the giveaway! Micki's creations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty is CUTE!
    Have a great weekend, Lauren!
    Heather
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute as a button and I love her hair! Love your Micki original too.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this one too! especially since i am a bookworm myself. and the painting you won in the giveaway is so cute! going to look at her blog! huggs!

    ReplyDelete