Monday, June 7, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

"In the morning, everyone asked the princess how she had slept. 'Oh, just dreadfully!' the princess said. "I barely closed my eyes all night long! Goodness knows what was in that bed! I was lying on something so hard that I'm just black and blue all over. It's really dreadful!" -Hans Christian Andersen, "The Princess and the Pea."
Here is the final painting from yesterday's sketch, "The Princess and the Pea"! I know she is very pink, I just couldn't resist :) Pink is my favorite! She was painted in acrylics on a 5"x7" stretched canvas and is available in my shop.


On another note, I know that there are some of you out there who have done children' s book illustrations, and I was wondering if you had any advice for someone trying to break into that. I feel a little silly for asking because I'm sure it is very difficult and I know my painting/illustrating skills are not nearly up to par yet, but I've just been thinking about it. And that's what friends are for, right? :) I would really appreciate any tips! Thank you kindly, and I hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy paintings of fairy tales. It's interesting to each the artist's preservative on a character. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete