Thursday, September 23, 2010

At the Carnival

I am finally back with a new painting! This is "At the Carnival", painted with acrylics on a 5"x7" stretched canvas. She is available in my shop. I suppose this is more of a summery theme, but I have been wanting to do a carnival-themed painting for a while and decided to just go for it :)

I think I might do a couple more Halloween-y paintings next while I still have the chance, but we'll see :) I hope you are all having a wonderful Thursday, and I'll see you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I do think your artwork is going into a new phase. Much more detail and I like the 3/4 faces! Jennifer

    PS Love the little bird in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's great! There are so many fairs going on right now, that she's actually a perfect fit! :) I love all the little tents behind her and the miniature ferris wheel. Awesome work!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting, she looks a little sad to me thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren deary, it's funny how I always go "Wow"!!" every time I see your tiny thumbnail update on my blog, then when I click, I would instantly go "OMG!!" (^_^)

    Honestly, I'm fascinated by your progress... seems to me you're entering the ripening season and harvest time is just around the corner. -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she is absolutely adorable! How do you do it...coming up with such cretive ideas? Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, Lauren....but why is she so sad in such a happy place? Her eyes make me want to go behind them to understand her a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren,
    hello. happy friday to you! I love her....She's just a beauty. How fun, a carnival!!!!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete